Enjoy our Kiwi summer without the annoyance of flies
Our customised fly control solutions and state of the art application methods are completely safe, even in the most sensitive of environments.
Info about house spraying for flies
From $215.00 Internal only treatment (3-month warranty)
From $215.00 External only treatment (No warranty)
From $340.00 Full internal & external treatment, includes free fly trap (3-month warranty)
More about Flies
Fly control is the biggest request we get from Aucklanders over the summer months.
Every fly problem is different, and our fly control treatments need to be tailored to each individual situation. Our carefully selected products and state of the art application methods will cover all situations.
Is there anything I can do to eliminate flies?
It is important for you to identify the environmental factors around your home that attract flies and eliminate those. Doing this will greatly reduce the number of flies and make any treatments we complete much more effective. Some simple steps that you can take are:
- Pick up dog droppings immediately. These will attract flies to your home within minutes.
- Ensure all rubbish is bagged and tied, and bins must have well-sealed lids. Keep the outside of bins as clean as possible.
- Compost bins and lawn clippings need to be well away from the house.
- Clean pet bedding regularly.
- Clean up spills and food scraps promptly.
I’ve got one of those automatic fly spray things but it’s not working. Why?
Automatic dispensers work well when temperatures are lower. However, when summer temperatures hit, the fly’s metabolism is way too fast for the weak pyrethrum spray to work.
Our fly treatments work at higher temperatures, as we use professional, quality products that attack the flies on multiple levels, overcoming any increased resistance.
Last time house spraying for flies was done at my place, they left big drip marks everywhere. Will this happen again?
No! Our state-of-the-art application methods use significantly less water and will not stain surfaces in any way. The products we use are also odourless.
When you return home the only thing you may notice from our house spraying for flies might be slight residual on some window glass edges. This can be simply wiped off.
Should I clean walls & ceilings of fly poo before or after the fly treatment?
If any cleaning needs to be completed, do it BEFORE your fly treatment. Wiping down surfaces after the treatment will remove the product and make it ineffective.
What we do
Our exterminators are trained to evaluate each situation and eliminate the reasons flies find your property attractive.
We recommend any simple actions you can take to reduce fly numbers to help the effectiveness of our tailored house spraying for flies.
Internal house spraying for flies mainly focuses on the rooms where flies like to gather: the kitchen, dining and living areas. Good coverage where flies like to land in these areas is essential to good fly control. In other areas of the house, coverage of ceilings and entry points onto patios and decks will keep flies out when these areas are opened up.
When spraying externally, our focus is more on how flies behave and what’s attracting them. We concentrate on entry points and walls connected to the kitchen, dining and living areas as well as the walls and eaves on the sunny side of the house where flies like to rest in the morning. Any other areas that attract flies are covered off as well, such as bins, compost heaps areas where and your dog does its droppings, etc.
The treatments work by constantly controlling the fly population. So instead of having 20 flies constantly annoying you, you should only notice flies occasionally as they enter your home.
Looking for advice on how to get rid of flies? We’re more than happy to talk to you at any time about pest control. Please feel free to contact the team with any queries. Phone Bug King on 0800 546454.
Preparation & Aftercare
For external treatments only, no preparation or aftercare is required.
For internal treatments the following preparations need to be made:
- Cover or put away exposed foods like fruit bowls, etc.
- Put clean dishes, tea towels and paper towels away. It’s OK to leave dishes out if they’re going to be washed.
- Put away toothbrushes, towels and toilet paper
- Cover fish tanks and turn the pump off.
- Ensure pet food is covered or put away
- Pull the duvet up to cover all pillows on the bed and cover any cots.
- You will need to vacate your home for a minimum of 4 hours from the time the treatment is completed.
Aftercare for internal treatments;
- On return, enter your home and open windows and doors and allow to air for 15mins.
- Wipe down all food preparation surfaces. We recommend using rubber gloves while doing this and being conscious of not rubbing your eyes until the gloves are removed.
- There may be a slight residue on the edges of windows. It’s OK to wipe this off but avoid wiping the wood/metal areas of the sills and windows.
Tell our technician if there are areas of your home you don’t want the treatment applied too. Often customers will only have main living areas done or not treat the bedrooms, etc. Our technicians can answer any questions and will advise if an area needs to be treated or not.
Our internal treatments use synthetic pyrethroids (which are based on natural pyrethrums). The products we use have been proven safe in sensitive situations over several decades. All treatments are professionally applied and are at a level that are very safe for humans and pets. All products are readily metabolized. If you do come into contact with the treatment it will just pass straight through you and not build up in your body over time.
Find Out More About Pests
It’s always good to take someone else’s word for it! Read what our customers have said about us following a successful pest removal. We can also arrange for you to speak directly to someone who has used our services, as we appreciate that you need to be absolutely certain about how our pest control works before you ask us into your home.