Commonly asked questions by Bug King’s customers
Got more pest questions?
We’re more than happy to talk to you at any time to offer advice on our pest control services or to answer questions on how to get rid of pests. Please feel free to contact the team with any queries.
1. What do I need to do to prepare for an internal treatment?
Our pest control services can involve both inside and outside treatments. We do ask customers to make some basic preparations for internal treatments to ensure your safety and to assist with the treatment process.
Preparation and aftercare differ depending on the pest we’re treating for. Instructions for treatments are detailed under the individual pest information pages. Click on the preparation & aftercare drop down for full instructions.
2. How long do I have to be away from the house?
For any internal treatments you must vacate the house for a minimum of 4 hours from the time the treatment is completed. Generally, an internal treatment will take between 30 mins to 60 mins. Customers should plan to be away from the house for 5 hours.
For external treatments, you are able to stay at home if you remain inside and close all doors and windows.
3. Do I have to do anything when I return?
Aftercare differs depending on the pest we’re treating for. Aftercare instructions for treatments are detailed under the individual pest information pages. Click on the preparation & aftercare drop down for full instructions.
4. Are the treatments safe for pregnancy/children/babies and pets?
Most treatments use synthetic pyrethroids (which are based on natural pyrethrums). The products we use have been proven safe in sensitive situations over several decades. All treatments are professionally applied and are at a level that won’t affect mammals. Treatments are also readily metabolized. If you do come into contact with the treatment it will pass straight through your system and not build up in your body.
5. Is there one treatment that will take care of all pests?
No. Treatments are most effective if they are tailored to the type of pest. If you’re looking for a general preventative maintenance treatment we recommend a General Pest Control treatment.
6. What areas of Auckland do the Bug King pest control services cover?
Bug King covers most of the Auckland area from Albany down to Papakura.
7. How do I pay for pest control services?
For contactless service we require payment by credit or debit card over the phone at time of booking
We accept cash, EFTPoS or Credit Card (Visa/Mastercard). We also offer internet banking by prior arrangement. All invoices are subject to Bug King Ltd’s Terms of Trade.
Please note the cancellation policy as detailed in our Terms of Trade.
1. Cancellation of a booking on the day of appointment will incur a $100.00 + GST booking fee.
2. Cancellation of a booking made the day prior to appointment but within 24 hours will incur a $50.00 + GST booking fee.
3. No fees are charged for booking cancellations made with more than 24 hours’ notice.