Pest Control West Auckland
Count on us to keep you, your family, your pets and your business safe and healthy
The complete pest control service
Bug King – we’re your reliable, safe, West Auckland pest control experts. We organise clear quotes, give free advice, and provide guaranteed treatments and a set price, no matter where you are in West Auckland.
Our pest control services range from Anawhata to Whenuapai. We cover Glendene, Henderson, Kumeu, Te Atatu, Titirangi, Massey and everywhere in between.
There is no place for unwanted guests in your home or business
Call Bug King and you’ll get quality service; we’ll make sure those pests are gone for good. Commercial pest control is not just checking traps; it is about knowing the pest, monitoring the environment and being able to interpret what we find, and we’ve been doing it for over a decade. We know what we’re doing.
Treating pests early saves you money and is more effective. We recommend treating pests before they establish themselves and get out of control. Wait too long and before you know it, you have a large pest population that is difficult to manage or eradicate.
Safe, effective pest control
At Bug King your health and safety are paramount. We are an experienced Auckland based pest management company and we use safe, low toxic methods when dealing with pests. We use carefully selected pest products, state-of-the-art equipment, and professional application methods.
Safe treatments for pregnancy, children, babies and pets
Our treatments are safe for you, your family and your pets. Most of our treatments use synthetic pyrethroids, which are based on natural pyrethrums found in the chrysanthemum daisy.
These chemicals have been proven safe in sensitive situations over several decades. They were approved of by the Health Department, Pesticides Board and Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry before being released for use in the commercial and domestic pest control markets.
How do we get rid of pests?
Pyrethroids mimic the activity of pyrethrins, but they are UV and acid resistant, so they remain effective for longer. We use them for long-term, residual, insect control. Synthetic Pyrethroids (SP) not only kill insects after they come into contact with a treated surface, but they will also deter them from even entering your home.
All treatments are applied and at a level that won’t affect mammals.
Treatments are also readily metabolized. If you were to come into contact with our pest treatment, it would pass straight through your system; there would be no build-up in your body.
If you live or work in West Auckland, call Bug King on 0800 54 64 54. We’re the exterminators West Auckland residents and business owners know they can rely upon for fast, efficient, safe results.
Pest Control Services
Nobody invites pests into their home. Finding them can be very upsetting. We give our customers real peace of mind. You can count on discretion. You can count on being pest free. And you can count on your family being safe. This is the Bug King promise.
Pest control is crucial for avoiding fines, maintaining your reputation, staff safety and keeping your doors open. When you need to get rid of pests from your business or commercial premises, call the proven pest control team in West Auckland.
We’re more than happy to talk to you at any time about our pest control services or to answer questions on how to get rid of pests. Feel free to contact us with any queries. We’ll answer all your questions and provide no-obligation advice.
Considered, informed pest control
You will be informed. We will provide you with all the information you need for both before and after any pest treatments. If bait treatments are needed, they are always placed in approved containers and thoughtfully positioned to minimise any risk to children or pets.
What do you have to do?
- For any internal treatments we ask you to vacate the house for a minimum of four hours. Generally, you should plan to be away from home for about five hours.
- For external treatments, you can stay at home if you remain inside and close all doors and windows.
- Preparation and aftercare differ depending on the pest we’re treating for. Instructions for treatments are detailed under the individual pest information pages.
Aftercare for internal treatments can involve, for example:
- Opening windows and doors to allow your home to air for about 15 minutes.
- Wiping down all food preparation surfaces using rubber gloves while being careful not to rub your eyes.
Preparation can involve, for example:
- Covering or putting away exposed foods like fruit bowls, etc.
- Putting clean dishes, tea towels and paper towels away.
- Putting away toothbrushes, towels and toilet paper.
- Covering fish tanks and turning the pump off.
- Ensuring pet food is covered or put away.
- Covering all pillows on beds and covering cots.
Info about our general pest control treatment
We regularly get customers asking for a treatment to cover common pests. So, our experienced pest exterminator team developed the general pest treatment to keep flies, spiders, ants and cockroaches away from your family. This is the pest control West Auckland residents most commonly ask for over the summer months.
From $379.500 Full internal & external treatment
From $241.50 External only treatment
More about general pest treatment
One of our most popular treatments over the summer months.
We regularly get customers asking for a treatment to cover common pests. Our pest exterminator team developed the general pest treatment to cater for this. The treatment covers ants, cockroaches, flies and spiders.
Need more information about these pests? Go to the individual pest pages to learn more.
This provides the best overall coverage for common household pests
What we do
Our pest exterminator will apply internal treatments that include:
- Ceilings throughout the home.
- Walls in main living areas (kitchen, lounge, dining).
- Wall joins in other areas.
- Roof space and sub-floor areas.
Application of external treatments include;
- The underside of eaves and gutters.
- Around all entry points (doors and windows).
- Any visible spiders webs.
- A general banding of external walls
- Granulated sand treatments in gardens adjacent to the house
Preparation & Aftercare
For external treatments only, no preparation is required.
For internal treatments the following preparations need to be made:
- Cover or put away exposed foods like fruit bowls, etc.
- Put clean dishes, tea towels and paper towels away. It’s OK to leave dishes out if they’re going to be washed.
- Put away toothbrushes, towels and toilet paper.
- Cover fish tanks and turn the pump off.
- Ensure pet food is covered or put away.
- Pull the duvet up to cover all pillows on the bed and cover any cots.
- You will need to vacate your home for a minimum of 4 hours from the time our pest exterminator has completed the treatment.
Aftercare for internal treatments:
- On return, enter your home and open windows and doors and allow to air for 10mins.
- Wipe down all food preparation surfaces. We recommend using rubber gloves while doing this and being conscious of not rubbing your eyes until the gloves are removed.
Aftercare for external treatments:
- Leave spider webs in place for 5 days then remove with a brush.
Our internal treatments use synthetic pyrethroids (which are based on natural pyrethrums). The products we use have been proven safe in sensitive situations over several decades. All treatments are professionally applied and are at a level that are very safe for humans and pets. All products are readily metabolized. If you do come into contact with the treatment it will just pass straight through you and not build up in your body over time.